.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Dirty House (The Miracle on 42nd Street)

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Bathroom cleaning, oh my...

I finally summoned the courage to clean the bathroom. I bought some sort of wand like sponge thing to assist with the procedure-how else does one clean underneath a clawfoot tub? I swept and swept, then I used the bleach and water mixture, twice. And I didn't rinse, I don't care, maybe the awful vinyl tiles will just disinegrate beneath the layer of chemicals. I even wiped down the toliet that will be ripped out soon, I just can't bear the thought of it continuing to live there. I really want the wallpaper to go as well since I'm not sure how to clean that. I feel like a germ-a-phobe! Probably with good reason;)

3 Comments:

  • I just want to tell you what an inspiration you are to me. A lot of what we're doing at our new house is renovating, but a lot is just "elbows-and-asshole" scrubbing. Yesterday, when I was cleaning out the bathroom vanity, ick!, I thought of you and the amazing work your doing and it kept me going. Thanks! Keep it up!

    By Blogger K., at August 20, 2005 9:36 AM  

  • It must make normal house cleaning seem so easy! Way to go!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 20, 2005 11:16 AM  

  • I love the "elbows" phrase, thanks K.!!! And I'm glad I could help keep you going, I am personally running out of steam. I haven't been there in days now, but I did have a final exam this week so I guess I have a valid excuse. I started over this afternoon, but we had torrential rain and I had to pull off the road, wasn't about to attempt the freeway.

    I think it took me over half an hour to ready myself for the task. I'd get to the top of the stairs and shake my head and think up something else to do. The floor tiles are all broken around the bottom of the commode, so you can't even see what's there. And the bathroom is so small, trying to sweep with a broom was next to impossible...I'd try for under the tub and the handle would smack the wall. I just kept muttering "son of a *$&^#" every time that broom hit something. The space between the walls and tub is less than an inch, so I could get the broom back there, either. I certainly didn't want to get down on my hands and knees!! Oh, and the outside of the tub is corroding, so there was rusty, icky stuff on the floor. I went home after that.

    By Blogger Joe, at August 20, 2005 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.