.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Dirty House (The Miracle on 42nd Street)

Monday, August 08, 2005

Bathroom situation

I decided I couldn't tolerate the bathroom situation, so since the Home Depot is running 6 months no interest, no payments, I bought the toliet and new pedestal sink. Buying the toliet was more complicated than I thought, how many options in white can there be??? I figured we didn't need a $200 model, but I thought the $45 option was probably a bad idea, I mean, it is important that it works!

We didn't have much time since Joe's mom wanted to stop by and see the place, so it felt like we were on one of those old game
shows where the contestants have to spend x amount of money in a minute. We had 2 carts and were racing around the plumbing and bathroom departments. Had to spend $299 to get the financing deal, so I ended up with $80 toliet, $80 pedestal sink and $110 faucet! We have decided to go with the rubbed bronze finish for the fixtures, like this photo. The faucet we bought is similar to this one.

Threw in some paint to test out and a new paintbrush, some hose things for the plumbing and voila, just over $300 with tax. We'll address the floor in the future since the master plan is to widen the bathroom a few feet. I still don't know how I'm going to actually wash my hair in the clawfoot tub, but I've got some time to figure that one out. There's always the scary shower in the basement...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.